A Holiday Exhibition of Small Works
On view in the Gallery at Hartford Fine Art & Framing 80 Pitkin Street, East Hartford
November 12, 2018-January 4, 2019
Open to the following categories:
- Original Prints
- Mixed media
There will be no jury process associated with this exhibit; this is an open invitation exhibit. Works must be no larger than 12×16 inches including the size of the frame and priced at less than $500.00. This exhibit will consist of a buy, take and replace model. All works on display must be available for purchase. Once purchased, a buyer is at liberty to take the work immediately upon payment. Once an artwork has left the gallery, the artist may put a new work in its place. There is no entry fee for additional works after sales of initial entries.
Hand deliver entries to the Gallery any time during the week of November 5-9, 10 am-5 pm.
Hartford Fine Art (HFA) will provide staffing during normal business hours and will promote the exhibit to the public and our extensive mailing list. Participating artists are invited to forward our e-mail announcements to their collectors, family and friends. If you would like to hold a demo or talk on a Saturday during the show, please let us know. This is a great way to encourage sales during the Holiday shopping season!
- Entries submitted only by the artist & limited to four entries.
- ENTRY FEE: $5 PER PIECE.
- Original artwork only.
- No kits. No copies or exact replicas of other original artwork or published artwork.
(No copies of any published images or copyrighted characters such as Disney.)
- Work must have been completed within the last two years and not previously exhibited in the Gallery.
- Entries remain on display through 5pm, Friday, January 4, 2019. Work will be available for pick up Saturday January 5, 2019, 10 am-3 pm or any time during regular business hours the following week.
- Entries will be handled with the greatest possible care and are insured against damage or loss for the duration of the exhibit. HFA is not responsible for minor wear resulting from normal handling.
- HFA retains a 40% commission on all exhibit sales. All entered works must be available for purchase. Artist’s payments will be made within 30 Days of the exhibit’s closure.
- Submitting an entry constitutes agreement on the part of the artist to all conditions in this prospectus.
- Entries must be ready for display.
- Acceptable treatments include:
- Framed with or without matting or glazing
- Gallery wrapped canvas
- Cradled wood panels
- Works to be hung on the wall must have a secure wire hanger or similar device. NO SAWTOOTH hangers will be permitted.
- Unusual hanging mechanisms must be approved by Gallery personnel.
- Gallery reserves the right to decline entries in less than first quality condition.
Please fill out below forms to accompany art when dropped off.